Sunday, August 20, 2006

He who rules the world....


He who rules the world has naught.
Alright, of all the statements why this one?
Well I was just thinking about abstract things, and this little thought came to mind and I thought it was worth sharing, so just bare with me, it isn't going to be a long winded rant, but an observation of sorts, and in the end one that I think all of the women who read my blog are apt to agree with.
Look at the state of the world today, everywhere we look is chaos of some kind. Now the world is generally run by politicians, predominantly male politicians. Now back to the time of Babylon, it was, at least as was taught in my Ancient and Medeival studies course in highschool, a time that was considered more civilized and more peaceful. Turns out back then it was a Matriartichal society unlike today, we were also taught that it was after Babylon became a Patriartichal society is when it fell. So what does this tell us?... I will let you ponder that over yourselves...But I have to also ask the question where would it put our society today? It has been shown that women can be just as cold and calculating as men, but is it that the way society has been run and hence forth developed over the years made us this way when we are supposed to be the fairer of the sexes?
I really don't know...
The old saying goes, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." Perhaps justly so, perhaps not. The queston of where would men be without women could be asked here or vice versa. It is all around about way..
Perhaps Robin Williams put it best, yes I am quoting a comedian, "If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just severe negotiations every 28 days."
Think about it, and someone smack me over teh head the next time I get thinking analytical...I blame Mike as I just read his Blog...So Thanks Mike.
Love you All.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I agree with you whole heartedly. For one thing, a woman would not send her children off to die in a war. At least not so casually and easily as our leaders do. Margaret Thatcher had it right...in and out, quell them quickly, and get back home safely. Take care with that knee! And lovely pictures of another brand new beautiful baby. Talk to you later...Marsh

4:23 AM  
Blogger H said...

but that's the biggest lie that we were ever made to swallow. Peace never reigned amidst humans.

the nature of nature is to change fast and furiously... Women and men alike struggle for power. the have-not underdogs always always propagate an illusion of a better world if things were done their way... and the haves don't give a bloody damn cause they're too busy messing around and making the best of a short day.

BUT, but. all things considered, we're all right! And there's nothing like a good long ranting session -- men-[and all other creatures]-bashing and all. grin.

6:41 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Sorry to use your blog as a pulpit, but I need to point this out to tuffysmom: ha, ha, you did it again, and don't even knwo it---here's a quote from Abdu'l-Baha "
Another fact of equal importance in bringing about international peace is woman’s suffrage. That is to say, when perfect equality shall be established between men and women, peace may be realized for the simple reason that womankind in general will never favor warfare. Women will not be willing to allow those whom they have so tenderly cared for to go to the battlefield. When they shall have a vote, they will oppose any cause of warfare."

7:33 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:33 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Hi everyone, thank you for the comments.
LCLJ-I will not be picking up the brace until after work on Tuesday, I wil let you all know how I make out wiht it though.
H-It's not that it is a lie, it is what we were taught in my class and I was just simply restating it, wasn't a rant just a casual thought..I like your comment and you made good points, thank you for taking the time to come and read my blog, and please feel free to leave comments anytime.
Nannan-now,now you are not using my blog as a pulpit, you are making an observation based on the teachings of your faith to your sister, and I am glad that you left the comment..it reminds me that there is something that I have actually been meaning to put in my blog...Thank you....
Marsha-didn't put you last on purpose*S*...thank you, I will do my best to take care of this faulty limb of mine, and you are right about the baby pictures.
Lots of Love to you all.
Tammie

4:04 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Gads....My sister is starting to scare me!! Hehehehe..she thinks I'm 'in the closet'..She'll know what I mean..and it's not gay if that's what you're thinking..hehehehehehe.
Anyway, I don't care if I am or not..I believe what I believe...in life, love, children, faith, hope, and......cats! Hahahahaha. Sorry, it's hard for me to be too serious.

4:45 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hahaha Tuffysmom,, keep on believing!!!!!!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home