Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Answer to Nannan's burning question



Well Nannan has asked me, that if it wasn't too personal how Pat and I met...Well actually it really isn't personal at all...

When I was in high School a very god friend of mine had asked me to sign up to a website with him as he didn't want to go on it by himself and was looking to make friends with people like himself...the place that he likekd to requent on this site wasn't exactly for me, but I found a gaming site on it, and as I like to play games like D&D and such I ventured onto it...

Well after playing online a few months I started gaming with Pat and we became ast friends and ended up becoming pen pals after months of gaming online together and sharing e-mails. We clicked right away, and it seemed that I had found something in him that I hadn't found in anyone else. Our friendship grew and we eventually started speaking on the phone with each other, which was really nice...

Now at the time I was dating Cory, someone who I had been friends with for ten years before we took our friendship any farther, and I am glad that we had waited so long..I Had dated him for awhile before I had told anyone in my family, he was given the third degree by Dad when I asked him to meet the res tof my family at a family bbq...oy. I wasn't sure where my reationship with him would go and I never told any of my friends I was seeing him except for Tymber of course, I told her everything..

Anyway, Cory moved to Alberta the year that Courtney passed away, he left New Years Day, it was Christmas Eve that he had asked me to go with him...

I am glad that I didn't, if I had, my feeligns for Pat wouldn't have grown as they had...Anyway, I know what most of you are thinking, "Are you crazy? You me tover the internet?"

But we did...and after years of being so close to each other I knew that he had my heart...and I had told him so...

When he finally came to Yarmouth a coupel of years ago he met the family and as most peope know by now, we were met a tthe camp door by mom weilding a butcher knife to give him the customary threats and the fifth degree.

He took it well, I h ad warned him ahead of time what would happen if he actually ever came to Yarmouth....*L* I was right...

We kinda drited apart for awhile after t hat...he tried dating, to no real avail...I didn't.. I wouldn't' have been honest with myself if I had of, I knew that Pat was the one that I wanted to be with...then a year ago we were still talking and exchanging e-mails and what not, and I told him that he stil had my heart...he toldl me that when he was in Yarmouth he wanted to ask me then to move with him( he was currently residing in Kingston), but when he saw how close I was with my family and friends, he thought that I wouldn't ever leave....(silly boy). That was one of the reasons he took th epostin gout here, to put the distance between us...Anyway..a couple of months later Pat asked me to move out here with him, to take my time and think about it, and that he would ask me again in February if I hadn't given him an answer..so I told him I would think about it...

Now, I almost didn't move out here....you see in January Pat went on course back to Kingston, but before he left we had a major discussion about a letter htat he wrote to me, basically the letter made it seem like I was a last resort...we spent a few hours talking over MSN about this, I was upset about it...and by the timem mwe were done talking I just felt so sad...Pat told me he would talk to me when he got back off of course, and that to take the time to make sure I knew what I wanted, and I told him to take the time to make sure being with me was what he really wanted, I told him, I can not love soemone with just half of my heart..

Well while he was gone on course I did alot of thinking. One night Dave and I were leaving Chuck's, and on the way back to my house Dave started asking me what was wrong, he always knows with me, anyway, I hadn't said anything to anybody so I finally talked to Dave about it.

Dave gave me the male perspective on it, and his perspective and advice as a friend. He told me that by the sounds of it, Pat knew what it was that he really wanted, but was nervous about it...and basically that Pat was waiting on me to decide...

Hell I had decided months ag and handn't really had any doubts until that last letter from Pat...But my doubts faded away and I knew.

So now here I am, truly happy at long last and with someone that I know, somehow I was meant to be with.

So that is how I met Pat and came to be out here with him.

Love to you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

That was so heartfelt, tammie, and a very special love story-- thank you for sharing, I appreciate that--- No one can accuse you of rushing into anything, after all these years-- I know that feeling, when your heart has found its home!! You guys deserve so much happiness--- love you tam!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Tymber said...

I knew the story but its still nice to read :) I remember all of it. Hell I even remember the day you met him online. I've never met Pat but through the years I feel as though I know him, just by being there through all of it. Love you both babe and I miss you but I want you happy and with Pat you are happy.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thats an awesome story. I am glad nan asked you to share... I love hearing stories about how people hook up, it gives me hope that it can truely happen in the most weird and wonderful ways...

So, Nan- are you going to share your story for those of us who don't know how you and frank got together??

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home