Friday, August 25, 2006

A Poem

Now before anyone reads this poem, please note that I am not down in the dumps and nothing is wrong...This is a poem that I have liked for along time and was reading in one of my boos the other day, I tried to post it this morning but unfortunatelly blogger wasn't working for me at all.
Take Care and much love to you all.




No One Told Me

No One told me it would lead to this.
No one said there would be secrets I would not want to know.
No one told me about seeing,
seeing brought me loss and darkness I could not hold.

No one told me about writing or speaking.
Speaking and writing poetry.
I unsheathed the sharp edge of experience that led me here.

No one told me it could not be put away.
I was told once,
only, in a whisper,
"The blade is so sharp-- It cuts things together --not apart."

This is no comfort.
My future is full of blood from being blindfold hands outstretched,
feeling a way along its firm edge.
-David Whyte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home