Friday, August 11, 2006

We're Back!


Alright we Survived, didn't try to kill each other or push the other into the fire (once we were able to have one)....True to form for us it seems...When Pat came to Yarmouth and we went camping, it rained..And not a little..It was torrential rain, half of our tent collapsed and we had to take refuge in Gramp's camp...Well...*sighs* it rained the day we left, even had a thunder and lightening storm directly over head..(yes mom I shut off the tv)....Anyway..We couldn't get a fire going and then just when it looked like we were going to be able to..It rained on us again!Yesterday was beautiful though it looked like it was going to rain, and I told Pat as much, he said if it rained it was my fault that I cursed us...And it's because I like the rain..It did rain a bit over night but it stopped...Then when I woke up again this morning..It was raining....Yay!!! So is that my fault???I don't really know..One thing is for certain, we broke camp a hell of a lot quicker than we set it up...And there is a reason why Chuck, Dave and Graham never let me help set up the tents...I admit it...I'm a bit inept...So Pat did the majority, but at least he let me help....But it just goes to show that there are reasons to keep me away from things that are flammable and things that are sharp..I am a KLUTZ!!!! I have no problem with this...Good thing Pat doesn't either...Anyway..I spent most of yesterday sound asleep..Went swimming, Pat was in his chair down by the Lake reading, I was giggling because just like at the camp out home, when I am in the lake the fish are at my feet and fingertips nibbling, and hey it tickles..I could see straight down into the water and at one point I counted 22 yellow perch around my feet....It's always strange at how that happens...They must know that I won't hurt them..I can't fish because I can't kill anything..I Just don't have the heart to do it...And the fish know it...It got a little nuts after awhile and I got out of the water...I went and sat up on the picnic table by Pat and decided to get dried off, ended up laying on top of the picnic table to let the sunb dry me, fell asleep. Woke up after about 45 minutes, and such a lovely shade of red I was. A good thing when I burn it doesn't last long, and now I am slightly more tanned than I was.
Anyway we are home and I now smell like a woman again so it's all good.
Take care and Much Love.

2 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I left a comment earlier, I swear I did, or am I losing my mind??
You sound like you're as mechanically challenged as I am!! Frank does all the putting together- but I make sure we have everything-- works for us!!! except when he has to choose a fridge!! GRRR!! Hope your burn isn't too painful---- and I'm glad you got to reconnect with Beth too-You never know what's going to happen next!!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Tyber still hasn't had the baby, she is having some pains though but nothing else to report..

Nannan-my burn was completely gone by last night so it's all good...
I can put things together, I'd just really rather take them apart*S*

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home