Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Lucky


Alright this is not going to be usual post...as the title says though, I am Lucky.
Yesterday I worked the nght shift...I ended up stating half an hour early when I notiiced that the other girl working with my supervisor wasn't actually working but socializing, to the extent that she actually went outside of the store...Now working there isn't a one person job..so I put on my uniform shirt and washed up my hands and started...I am lucky that my supervisor was appreciative.
Next, I managed to do shoots last night when we got extremely busy and didn't mess up...Lucky once again...also showed the other two girls working with us how to do a couple of things in the packing area(shoots) that they didn't know and how to do a couple of things with tthe orders that they were having trouble with on the register...I am Lucky that I could do this for them..even helped one i n dive Thru.
Managed to take a few orders in Drive-Thru myself and packed them without messing up which is a bonus...
Then my knee went out...I was very Lucky....I was at the end of the counter where we clean trays...I was lucky and managed to grab onto the counter before I landed....I was brought a chair, and managed to get to a seated position with some difficulty...Lucky..called Pat about ten minutes later...he had fallen asleep and hadn't gotten to the mess dinner he was supposed to be playing at...very lucky because the band didn't get out of there until 11pm...
Call it being stubbourne or determined..but while I was sitting there waiting and trying not to cry..I kept taking orders.....Lucky again because by the time Pat got there and got my knee back enough that he could help me out and into the truck...I managed to finish y shift..
But the real reason I am lucky is this...
Last night when my knee went out..I was able to see just how lucky I am o be working with the people that I was working with...Tenielle is a great person and a good superisor, even though at times she gets really frustrated and doesn't see that she is doing a good job...I have been lucky to have been able to get to know her and to be able to say that she and I have become friends..One night we didn't leeave the store until almost 12:45am, because she and I sat there talking after we were done workign and everyone else had gone home, we've gone shopping togetherm and for coffee...I can talk with her, and she knows she can talk to me...Well Last night when it happened...She was truly concerned, and when Pat put my knee back she was just about in tears herself...
Jamie is a cook in the kitchen, he remind me alot of Burt, I've treated him the way I want to be treated, so we get along quite well, and are able to joke with each other often..his birthday was last Saturday...anyway..he tried to help me before Pat got there..not to put my knee back, but to help me get more comfortable by trying to help me get my foot in a position where it wasn't putting preassure on my ankle because of the way that it was bent with my leg(my ankle is quite stiff right now) and it was pulling the muscles in my upper leg, causing more pain...
He was unable to get my foot to move, but he tried and felt so bad...
Another of the girls from the kitchen promptly took Tylenol from her purse and brought it to me so I would have something in me to help relieve the pain...The others kept askig if there was anything they could do for me...
So now you see why I am so lucky...I don't care that my knee went out, or that I am still in pain...I just feel really Lucky right now, and as you can see..with good reason.
Much love to you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tymber said...

Hope your knee is ok. Loving the hair though and yes I know what you mean about the blond thing. I love you babe. Make Pat take care of that knee.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Yes you are very lucky... Pat is such a sweetheart!!!The people you are working with, seem to care for you alot.I'm so glad that they help to take care of you, so well.

Take care of that knee!!!

Love ya lots and lots Mom

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home