Friday, June 30, 2006

7:30pm, and I'm sitting alone whith my thoughts t Kings Billiards. I came early so I could play a couple of games before my friends arrive. I'm glad I did because it's given me the chance to get this down without everyone wondering what I'm doing.Today i spent my time with my mother, and though we did nothing in particular, I was happy to be able to be with her. We Went to se Grandma, she cried when we left. Looking at her today, I thought of Nanny, and I know she's smiling down on me.I've made my farewells with so many people and it still feels strange to me. everyone thought that I'd be the one to stay put and here I am, off on this, "adventure," as my Mom has put it.The fact is that roots do run deep, I know that I'll never forgetwho I am, where I come from, and I trust that my heart will always know the way home.Some poeple see me without seeing me at all, and I think for along time I was one of those people, as it seems that somewhere along the way I forgot to take a look at the big picture.So what have I found out since I left my parents house 9 years ago?Well I found out how quickly I can change a diaper and ended up changing way to many. I have found out just how far some people bend to make other people happy, often forgetting along the way that sometimes you have to make yourself happy; a concept that I have tried to grsp this last year. I've learned that no matter how bent my family may be, that it's part of our quirky maritime charm. (Hey you try living with all this fog and see if you're not a little foggy in the end.)I've learned that being there for others can be rewarding on it's it own, and as hard as it is sometimes, it is often harder to let others be there for you.I've made soem truly wonderful friends, and have done soemthings that I never would have seen myself doing (like singing for a bar full of people). I've also learned recently that people can change, when a guy that I went to school with, who often treated me cruelly, apologized for said behavior.Dave is right(don't tell him I said so), I make bonds not friendships, and it's alright for me to lean on someone from time to time, I don't have to be strong all the time.Always remeber: 1- the trials of life are meant to make you better not bitter. 2-If you are going to laugh, laugh with all you have; It's good for you. 3- If you are going to sing, sing for the joy of it and with your heart. 4- Tell people you care for them before they're gone, and 5- Always try to leave the cue ball on the table, though having it sail across the room maybe fun, someone could get hurt. (Hey, I didn't hit anyone, that was Dave!)I'll miss you all, and we'll keep in touch.Love ya's.

2 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

That was heartfelt and touching Tammie- every new experience teaches us so much- and you're about to embark on another learning adventure- hope it all goes well-

4:30 PM  
Blogger Tymber said...

Hi babe. Miss you already and you are barely gone! Its nice to be able to sign into your blog though and leave little notes telling you that you are missed and reading about what you've been up to the last couple of days. I hope Pat realizes what he has... he better or he'll have a fat pregnant lady tracking him down. Ich liebe dich sis!!!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home