Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Home again


My day summed up...
I have been awake since 4am, started work for 8am.
One of the regular customers is a real sweet heart, he comes in for his breakfast, he always orders a clasic breakfast, overeasy with brown toast and crispy bacon along with his coffee. Anyway today he was in and he looked at Phil(my boss) and asked exactly how many people were working in the store just then, phil told him there were 8 of us total, the man handed him over some money and told him to divide up between the ones that were working right then, it was our Christmas gift from him, so I was given a gift of $5 today, which payed ofr my lunch. A lady game in with a little girl this afternoon, and hte little girl was sick..I found out that the child had just came her from Florida and so she was having alot of firsts here...I found out the child's name is Cheynne(sp?), I brought her over crayons and some paper to color on since they were waiting for someone, before she left she brought me back the crayons and handed me a picture that she had drawn for me, unfortunately I left it at work and by noe it has seen the garbage...She had drawn me a snowman.
Then right before I was done for the day I had a drive-Thru order, I took the order, theman pullled up to the window and let him know how much the order was, took his money handed him his soda and his change and let hm know that his order would be right up..Now I always make sure that I say please and thank you when I take the orders and the money from the customers, which confuses some of them,but as I was told on Saturday morning by a customer, I was the friendliest and most polite waitress they had ever had and she wished service was so good everywhere..I told the woman that I was taught to use my manners and that it didn't matter how far away I was, that if my mother caught me not using my manneers she would whack me, she said, "You were raised right."

Well I guess the politeness and kindness rubs people the right wawy, I went to bag the gentlemen's order and when I cme back and opened the drive-Thru window to hand it to him and to say have a nice day he looked at me and smiled and said because I was so polite and gave him such good service he just had to give me something and handed me a toonie.

After Pat picked me up, I got him to stop at the MFRC so I could pick up me Carmen and my Support our troops t-shirts, picked us up a treat at the Canex and was imstructed on the driv ehome htat I was to get a hot shower and come up to bed and rest and stay warm(which is where I am right now), as I haven't been feelign so good the last couple of days.
Went to come in the house and before I got my second foot in the screen door caught my boot and almost fell, which was funny in and of itself and then add Pat's reaction...priceless.

And tommorow I start at 8am all over again.
Good thing I really do like my job.
Love to you all.

5 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Wow-- I feel like i hit the jackpot-- just checked the blogs and found the motherlode--- now I 've got some reading to do-- and you're the living proof that manners do make a difference--- You have a knack of bringing out the good in people--- and those tips are but a token of appreciation!! love you tam!

4:34 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Thank you Nannan.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Have I told you lately just how proud I'm of you,well honey I'am !!!
You are a good person,keep on being that way always.

Love ya lots and lots Mom

7:33 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

thank you mom

5:53 AM  
Blogger Tymber said...

Had a burger from A & W tonight and thought of you the whole time. I love you babe. Miss you tons. And of course you are the best they've ever had :)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home