Friday, March 30, 2007

Of All things.....


I went out this evening with the sole intent of buying Pat's Easter gift and that was it...I did get his Easter gift..and a little something extrfa just for me, but of course it needed accessories, and finding something that was right for me well...not always the easiest thing in the world, but I managed...Of all of the things I could have bought myself...I've been thinking about it for awhile....
I got a bicyle. It has bee years since I have owned one, the maiin reason being that I just don't trust my knee, so I got one for a good price and hopeully I will be able to build up my knee enough that I will be able to handle it, pehaps even be able to ride it back and forth to work sometime in the summer, who knows.
This is something that I have been thinking about for awhile and I haven't even mentioned it to Pat, but I really want to be able to ride a bike again, I used to enjoy being able to ride up to see Mema and Papa, or my friend Danna, or even once and a while to the (now) Red and White. It gave me a sense of personal freedom to be able to go under my own power, and hopefully if I can get my leg to co-operate with me I'll have that sense of freedom back again. I don't claim to know if I will be abe to for sure or not, I mean I don't even use my leg for swimming so.
Pat doesn't know I have the Bike, I'll tell him when he comes home tonight.

Don't worry Mom, the accessories I mentioned is the lock, the helmet and the gloves to protect my hands if I fall...*L*
Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you, I'll let you know how it goes.
Love to All.

3 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

WTG Tammie. That sounds great.. I would love to be able to get a bike, but I think it would be a waste of my money... I have no where to gooooooo....
I think it will be good for your knee,and like you said , it will give you that sence of freedom.
So enjoy honey ,, and for god sake ,, don't fall off....

Love you lots and lots Mom

5:51 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Mom you know that now I am going to fall off!!! Oh well, good thing I know how to take a fall.
Love you lots and lots too.

6:22 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Wonderful investment Tammie-- Frank and I love ours--it's such a good feeling,,, the downhill parts anyway---- good on ya!!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home