Monday, July 10, 2006

A Letter To My Parents


A picture that I feel my family can relate to...By far I don't think that we are the average family, and you know what I wouldn't have it any other way..It is our inept ways and our hokey charm that makes us who we are..We can fight with the best of them, but don't let anyone else try to fight with us..we are a family damn it and come hell or high water we stick together.
I'm proud to be a member of my family...
Anyway..I wrote an e-mail to Mom and Dad today, and though it is something personal, I want to share it with you, 'cause you see I think it shows just how important a part of my life that they are. So here it is.

"Dear Mom and Dad,
2:20pm
Alright It's a bit longer than 4km to town and it took me about an hour and 15 minutes to walk to the credit union. It is 23degrees out right now, I've been home for about an hour. Once and awhile we get a good breeze, it feels nice but it's brief.
I twisted my ankle on the way back so I took my time.
I didn't tell Pat that I was going to look for work today because I wanted to surprise him. I only got one job application. I saw on the sign at A&W that they were hiring. So I decided to stop and get something to eat on the way back and asked for a job application. I sat down to eat and startd to fill it out when one of the girls that worked there said that when I was done I could talk to the manager since he was there...I ended up having a job interview!
He told me that he could guarantee me the job and he is going to have his assistant manager call me tommorow.
I'm really happy.
Pat is going to be surprised when I tell him I had a job interview.
Depending on the shift hopefully Pat will be able to take me back an forth to work, if not I guess I'll have to see about getting a taxi.
I'll be starting at around $8 an hour...the minimum wage here is around $7, so that isn't bad.
I don't want to have to depend on Pat for everything, I wouldn't feel right about it.
Mom, at the party you talked about how whenever I would go out with someone I would pay my own way or not go at all. You asked where you guys had gone wrong. You guys didn't go wrong. You guys have taught me to be independent, and as self reliant as possible. You've taught me to be a free thinker, to have a strong sense of self and morals; which I will always be both grateful and thankful for.
You have always been there and done what you could for all of us, even when it meant saying no, and perhaps I haven't said it enough, but thank you. I love and Miss you both.
Love Tammie"


Have a good day everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

When things are meant to be, the doors will open!!!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Congrats on the new job...take care.
Jim

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home