Wednesday, October 04, 2006

High Pitched


Well hi there everyone, today's post is being typed from the couch where I slept last night and shall be staying today...
Yesterday started off well enough, but sure enough all good things come to an end...
Pat went to cadets last night coming home to find me sitting on the stairs...I ws heading up and didn't get very far when snap,crackle and POP goes the knee cap and down I go on the step striking the knee and twisting an ankle upon landing....I was smart to put an arm in front of my face the other hand though shot up instinctively to grab the railing on the venture down and, well Pat is going to repair the damage done there later.
when I managed to get mysel twisted around so I could sit my leg was tucked so far back....Well anyway Pat didn't have o bend my leg at all before jerking it out straight...He just wasn't expecting the high pitched scream that came out of me this time....
We had a good laugh about it, he put the Ice Gel on my knee, I called work while he made up the couch or me. He helped me to the couch and tucked me in...The sweety that he is...
He made me laugh and that made it so much easier...He was joking that he was going to cut down two of his smaller hockey sticks for crutches and use what he cut off to make the brace for my leg..the way he was going on I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see...
He brought me my lap top this morning before he left for work, that way I would have something to do. He'll be home at lunch and tonight we are supposed to be watching a movie together.
So it is going to be an unproductive, and boring day for me, both the book I am reading and mhy Sudoku puzzle book I got yesterday are upstairs in my room...Oh Well.
anyway..take care love to you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

A guy with a sense of humour-- so badly needed to help you through these times--- he sounds like such a good sport--- and it must be so difficult for you, knowing how active you like to be--- hope something can be done for you when medical plan kicks in, if you can wait that long--- thinking of you-- love ya

4:48 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

nannan-you are right, he came home for lunch and informed me that we are going to Edmonton Next weekend to see about my knee brace. Let's hoe I can get it and it will help.
Lots of love.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Tymber said...

I miss you. I'm alive.... I love you and I'll be in touch soon. Hope your knee is ok.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Oh Green. I feel so bad. I sure hope the knee brace helps. But I really think you should see a doctor... Now all I can think of is what if... you had of got hurt real bad. I love you, and worry, so please see someone.

Love ya lots and lots Mom

9:32 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Tymber, I miss and love you too chick.


MOM- I know you worry Mom, but it will be all right, if nothing else over the years I've learned how to fall.

12:45 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

LJLC-I've already had 6 surgeries done on my leg, that is including hardware removals...if they were to go at it surgically then they are going to have o do replacement surgery, and at the weight I am at there is no point...eventually I will have it done...until then I will have to bide my time.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home