Friday, September 22, 2006

Hey

Well Yesterday was supposed to be my day off, which is a good hting because I was not feeling well at all, but the phone rang in the afternoon, and seeing as it is enver for me I answered it. It was Carmen calling to see if I could come in for work as there was a mistake with the scheduling as there were ony two people schedule to work the counter..So despite the fact that I felt like crap I went anyway..My stomache really started to bother me wat work and Tenielle was growling at me to go sit down or go home early...I explained to her I wasn't going to leave her short handed if I could help it, then I wa asked if I could stay until closing because the girl who was schedule couldn't stay that long..so I agreed...Tenielle kept thanking me for cming to work like that, I couldn't believe it when I wouldn't sit down and take a break..I told her if I sat down and just stopped I was going to feel useless and it would be harder for me to start again, so I found out what had to be done with the stuff for the shake machine after she took it apart so that she could do other things that needed to be done...so I cleaned everything for the shake machine, bagged all of her dive-thru orders, and half of the other counter girl's orders as well as my own, stocked the mug freezers, forks, condiments and stuff...then went and got stock for her, the boss was downstairs and got some of the lighter things of the list while I got everyting from the wall in cooler.
I ended up leaving 40 minutes early...but it was ok because one of the kitchen guys was going ot go home early o he dd the mopping out front for her, so everything that needed to get done last night actually got done..despite the fact that one of the kitchen staff quit and walked out in the middle of supper...
Anyway..to lighten the mood..here is a little joke that Kathy sent me..enjoy.
The Knob

A woman in her fifties went to a plastic surgeon for a facelift.
The surgeon told her about a new procedure called "The Knob," where a small knob is placed on the top of a woman's head and can be turned to tighten up her skin to produce the effect of a brand new facelift. Of course the woman wanted "The Knob".Over the course of the years, the woman tightened the knob and the effects were wonderful. The woman remained young looking and vibrant. After fifteen years, the woman returned to the surgeon with two problems."All these years, everything has been working just fine. I have turned the knob many times and have been very pleased with the results, but now, I've developed two annoying problems:First, I have these terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid of them."The doctor looked at her closely and said, "Those aren't bags, those are your breasts."She said, "Well, I guess there's no point in asking about the goatee".

3 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

Your a trouper!!!Now they know they can relie on you in a pinch,its time to get call display.hehehehe

I think I need one of those knoby things.

Love ya lots and lots Mom

3:33 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I was in Brittany's class on Friday-- another sweet girl-- she's got those Amon blue sparkling eyes, just like Pa's.

9:38 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Mom-
my down fall ay...

LCLJ-
Actually I had the feeling that I should call and just after they answered it Chelsea came in crying...

Nannan- you are so right abou ther eyes..the sweet part on the other hand..well..there is a whole other side of Brittany that you really don't want to see...trust me.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home